PRETENTIOUS HISTORICAL MULTIFUNCTIONAL BUILDING IN THE IMMEDIATE HEART OF BRATISLAVA CITY
The baron city palace of Baron Jesenák on Michalska street 3 in Bratislava is registered in the state list of immovable cultural monuments and is a part of the urban conservation area. In the past he belonged to palatial houses with courtyards and a columnar arcade facing the sunny south side.
Building went through several stylistic reconstruction, ranging from Gothic to Baroque. The remains of a Gothic building of the 15th century became a part of the Renaisance reconstruction in the second half of the 16th century.
Radical Baroque reconstruction of the building in 1830, as the figure indicates the entrance portal, complemented originally Renaissance house in its present four-wing form. East Wing, oriented to the Michalska street, has a palatial character. Addressing the façade recalls the distinctive style of the Viennese architect Luke Hidebrandt.
Today is the building privately owned and is used mainly for administrative and lease office spaces and business, a gallery and restaurant purposes.
Basic characteristic and technical description:
Currently a operational lease multifunctional building with a total leasable area of approx. 1700 m2 is kept in very good condition. The original building was reconstructed several times and reconstructed to its current form.
This is a historic property, located in the center of Bratislava, Old Town, on the pedestrian zone, Michalska street 3 (next to the University Library).
The building has a plan shape of the letter “O” with underpass in the courtyard of St. Michael’s. It has three above-ground floors and a spacious attic, which is used only in part (as studio) and one underground floor. In the basement, ground floor and first floor are only commercial spaces, and then on the 1. and 2. Floors are apartments.
For more information ask for Exposé
Bratislava - Staré Mesto, Slovakia